Sunday, May 1, 2016

Nina Simone

Nina Simone was one of the most brilliant musical artists of my generation. Nina was killed by psychiatry.  With all I did regarding human rights, one of my greatest regrets is that I didn't do enough to save Nina.  As well as for her art, Nina was a power in the civil rights movement.  For that combination, she was targeted by psychiatry and killed.

Nina was a classical pianist who grew up in the officially segregated United States of America.  To say she was a muscical prodegy is to understate the phenomena that was Nina Simone.  She didn't sing untill her late teens but it is mainly her singing voice for which Nina Simone is rembered.  But Nina was such a genius that she was too large to be appreciated in a single lifetime

I recommend going to YouTube.com, typing in her name and tripping with her.

"The very basis of human rights is freedom from false accusation and from brutality and punishment without offense."


No comments:

Post a Comment