Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Distressing Threats From Kaiser RN

On the 24th of June, 2015, Debbie Gonzales, a Kaiser Medical employee,  came to my home “to ask me questions allegedly as required by Medicaid.”

As always I try to remain in my respectful manner, but this time I could see she was somewhat abusive and rude to me, in my own home, and proceeded with her duty. She, for about an hour, kept on asking me the same questions she already knew the answers to as she had already asked and I had already answered all of them several times before, either over the phone or in person.  I had also explained to her that nothing had changed.  I had also explained to Ms. Gonzales several times that at this time in the month, I was running out of food so the questioning needed to be efficient and brief so I could catch the HandiVan transport when they had a Van available or I would miss my needed transport to and from the main store I use, Costco in Kapolei.  I had told her this several times in the week leading up to this meeting and finally on the day of the meeting that I had actually run out of food and needed to go out and get some using of the HandiVan when it arrived later that morning. Ms. Gonzales refused to acknowledge any of my statements regarding food, each time I mentioned my need to shop for food.

When Ms. Gonzales arrived, I reiterated the food problem and the need for prompt and efficient questioning so I could leave to shop for food as I had run out.  Ms. Gonzales insisted that the questioning would "take at least three hours" and that "if I wouldn't allow that, I would be Cut off from Kaiser Services."  I also offered her and her partner seats on my couch.  She then proceeded to refuse that and seven subsequent offers, remaining standing and hovering over me and alternately, pacing around my small living-room in spite of my offering her a seat those several times.  She just refused each and all subsequent offers and stated each time that she preferred to stand.  As she had said that she was planning to take two hours to question me, I told her that if she wouldn’t sit, I would leave as I didn't want her standing and pacing over me and grilling me as though she was a movie cop and I  "an arrested suspect."  I finally reminded her that she was in my home and that she was making me very uncomfortable, saying that if she continued in this manner, I would be forced to leave.  I then went out into the hall and waited about ten minuets.  When I checked back in, she was sitting on a chuck which she had put down on the clean white sheet I had placed over the couch in advance, knowing I would have guests. Her partner was sitting on a small stool which she had apparently brought with her for that purpose.  Debbie was quite Hu-Hu and rudely let me know with her mannerisms, facial expressions and voice.

She made me increasingly more uncomfortable with her attitude and expressions but I still tried to maintain my decorum as a host.  I did remind her that my priority that day had become to buy some food as I had none left in the apartment and that I needed to catch the HandiVan for that purpose and that if she had no new or different questions for me I would be leaving when it arrived.  She then proceeded to again threaten for at least the fifth time, to have me “dropped from my Kaiser Insurance Plan” and said I was to call her within seven days and invited her back in to ask me questions “or my health insurance would be cancelled.”  This was done in such a manor that I actually felt like I had been struck by her.

With all this, I was being forced to retreat from my own home as she seemed to be deliberately trying to raise my blood pressure, or upset me to a point where I might have have a heart attack or, prior to her testing my blood pressure, she seemed as if she was trying to raise it and was trying to get me to say something which I might later regret.  At any rate she was deliberately imposing extreme stress upon me and knew it.  She even complained that my own Care Giver, Denise, who was present, and as Denise saw Ms. Gonzales making me progressively more upset and Denise tried to intervene.  Debbie then said that Denise was not allowed to speak.  I then stated that Denise was there to care for me and was free to speak to me as she and I had business to do and that I had asked Denise to keep me on schedule for the HandiVan so I could go out and buy food, my highest priority that day for obvious reasons.  Among other problems, Debbie doesn’t allow enough paid hours for Denise to go shopping for or with me.

I finally concluded and really feel that Debbie Gonzales has a severe personality disorder with serious control issues and even psychotic tendencies, which she dramatizes continuously and which I may have  been unfortunate enough to trigger.  Therefore, I want nothing further to do with her, particularly with her oft stated intention with her numerous threats (at least eight separate threats) to cause me to be "dropped from the Kaiser Insurance program (her words), a program which I happen to like and depend on as their clinic and pharmacy which are located immediately across the street from my home and where it is literally about sixty feet from my front door to theirs, something of which Ms. Gonzales is well aware.  In fact, when she was apparently done threatening me on 23 June, Ms. Gonzales left my building and walked across the street and into the Kaiser Clinic in front of me as I watched from the HandiVan.

I found out on August 4th that I had been “cut off from all in-home services through Kaiser Insurance."  As I understand it, those services are paid for through the State funded Medicaid program.

I didn't learn until much later from Denise through her boss and even not until I spoke to the Kaiser Director of Nursing on the ninth of August and from my PCP, Dr. Iwane on 10 August. that Ms. Gonzales could not (had no authority to), have me dropped from my Kaiser Insurance Program, the specific threat she made several times.  It turns out that she had me dropped from the Kaiser Quest program only, something she never made clear to me or Denise, my actual "Care Giver."  Ms Gonzales deliberately led us to believe she was going to have me "Dropped from the Kaiser Insurance plan."  That imposed extreme and unwarranted stress upon me and she had to know that at the time she did it.

Dennis H. Clarke, Kaiser I.D. 1057285, Member from 1966.

1 comment: